MnKnows – Dig Deeper @ Your Library (www.mnknows.org) gives Minnesotans one-stop access to five statewide library services:
· Find books, CDs, DVDs, articles and more through the MnLINK Gateway and have them delivered to a local library.
· Search trusted information resources in the Electronic Library for Minnesota (ELM) to find online articles and electronic books on a vast array of topics.
· Discover photos, documents and maps related to Minnesota history through Minnesota Reflections.
· Get real-time answers from a librarian 24/7 at AskMN.
· Use the Research Project Calculator to create sensible timelines for student's homework.
Leveraging state, local, and federal funds to supplement the resources of local libraries, MnKnows (or, read it as "Minnesota knows") functions through the cooperation of libraries, school media centers, and cultural heritage organizations throughout the state. When visitors wish to dig deeper at their local library, MnKnows.org provides a link to the Minnesota Library Directory, which lists public, academic, and other libraries in a specified area. The directory is maintained by State Library Services, a division of the Minnesota Department of Education.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
Public, school, academic and special libraries make a difference to millions of Americans, today more than ever. In today’s economy it’s the one place you can go to get help with a resume’, learn new job skills, connect to the internet, find your favorite book, check out movies, read magazines and find information and assistance for most anything for free. Our libraries help keep us connected, provide space for people of all ages, classes and races to come together while keeping us connected to events and people around the world. First sponsored in 1958, National Library Week is a national observance sponsored by the American Library Association (ALA) and libraries across the country each April.
Posted by Pine Technical College Library at 10:06 AM
Thursday, April 2, 2009
LRTC staff members have just prepared a brochure, Global Climate Change Resources for Earth Day 2009, featuring print titles and web-sites focusing on climate change issues. The brochure will be available for distribution at the various Earth Month programs. Thanks go to Laurie Jorgensen for designing and putting on the final touches to the brochure.